Update on the SLSA Conference from Bryant Simon, SLSA President
Dear SLSA People:
Hope everyone is safe and well. As you can imagine, we have been having a number of conversations about the upcoming SLSA conference in Chapel Hill, set for September of this year. The panel proposals and individual submissions for the conference are absolutely great and the program is shaping up beautifully. We very much want to have this conference and this exchange of ideas, and we want to have it in real time, with interactions between people facing each other in person and not over Zoom.
But right now, of course, it is hard to know what the fall, or even next week, will look like. Hopefully colleges and universities will be up and running, or at least limping along, and it will be safe to gather and tell our stories (about our scholarship and about the pandemic.) But again, there is no way to know right now.
With all of this uncertainty hanging in the air, we just want to wait. We don’t want to cancel yet. If you need to pull out of the conference, let us know, but for now, we want to wait until May 1 or so to make a call.
Please don’t hesitate to write or call if you have any questions, ideas, suggestions, or comments.
All the best,