Thank you for visiting the Southern Labor Studies Association. Use the tabs above to navigate our site, and please feel free to add your comments!
- To organize the Southern Labor Studies Conference as well as sessions on southern working class history at other venues.
- To enhance connections between academics and labor activists in the U.S. South.
- To promote working class history in public school curricula and provide resources for public school teachers.
- To encourage posting of regional events and discussions of interest to scholars of southern labor on a new list-serve. SLSA imagines a list-serve that would work very, very closely with the editors of H-Labor and cross-posting would be common.
- To connect and promote graduate students doing work on southern labor and working class studies (in a variety of disciplines) with one another.
- To promote the preservation of materials related to southern labor and working class history.